- Source Nita Mehta's The Best of Chicken & Paneer
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2-3 Tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 6-7 tomatoes
(blended to smooth puree)
- 3 Tablespoon cashewnuts
(soaked in hot water 15 mins, drained and ground)
- 1/2 Teaspoon kashmiri
- 1 Cup milk
- 2-4 Tablespoon cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1 Teaspoon tandoori masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon sugar
- Prepare tandoori chicken.
- To prepare makhani gravy: heat butter and oil together in a non stick pan. Add bay leaf. Stir for a few seconds. Add ginger-garlic paste, cook until liquid evaporates and paste changes colour.
- Add pureed tomatoes, kashmiri, and sugar. Cook until puree turns very dry and fat separates. Add salt to taste.
- Add cashew paste, stir for 2 mins on medium heat. Remove from heat and cool for 15-20 mins.
- After the tomato masala cools completely, add 1 c milk and about 1/2 cup water to get desired consistency of gravy. Return to heat. Keeping on low heat, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken. Simmer for 2 mins til gravy turns to a bright colour. Remove from heat and stir in cream, stirring constantly. Add garam masala and tandoori masala. Stir. Remove from heat. Garnish with 1 tb fresh cream, slit green chillies and coriander.