- Preparation Time15 minutes
- Cooking Time 3 hrs 30 minutes
- Source The Australian Women's Weekly Slow-Cooker Comfort Food
- 1 KiloGram beef mince
- 2 egg
- 1 Cup sourdough breadcrumbs
(I used normal)
- 2/3 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup flat-leaf parsley
(fresh, finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 brown onions
(medium, chopped finely (I used one))
- 4 garlic
- 2 whole red chillies
(chopped finely, I left this out)
- 2 Tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 Cup beer
- 1 Cup beef consomme
(I used stock)
- 1/4 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoon lemon rind
- Combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a medium bowl, season. Roll rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place onto a tray.
- Heat half the oil in a pan, cook meatballs in batches, turning often, for 10 minutes until browned. Place into cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Cook onion, garlic, and chilli, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add flour, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in beer, then consomme and sauces, bring to the boil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours. Season to taste.
- Serve meatballs sauce, top with parsley and rind.
- Accompany with mashed potatoes or crusty bread.
- Suitable for freezing.