- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time 2 hrs 10m
- Source The Australian Women's Weekly Slow Cooker Comfort Food
Yummy warming, vegetarian meal
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 Teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 Tablespoon black mustard seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Ground coriander
- 1 1/2 Cup green lentils
- 2 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 150 Gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 Cup natural yoghurt
- 2 Tablespoon micro herbs
- Heat oil in pan, cook onion and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened
- Add chilli, tumeric, mustard seeds, cannamon, cumin and coriander. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer to slow cooke. Add lentils, stock and coconut cream, stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low for 2 hours.
- Discard cinnamon. Stir in spinach, season to taste. Serve topped with yoghurt and micro herbs. Grilled bread such as Roti goes well.