Sausage and Lentils
- Preparation Time10 minutes
- Cooking Time 3 hrs 20mins
- Source The Australian Women's Weekly Slow Cooker Comfort Food
Serve with an apple and fennel coleslaw and mashed or steamed baby tomatoes.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 pork sausage
(smokey spiced sausage is best)
- 1 Cup green lentil
- 1 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- 1 stems celery
(trimmed, chopped finely)
- 1 carrot
- 1 brown onion
- 2 Sprig thyme
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- mashed potato
- Heat oil in pan, cook sausages in batches until well browned. transfer to slow cooker.
- Add lentils and stock to cooker, stir to combine. Add celery, carrot, onion, thyme, garlic and tomatoes. Cook, covered, on low for 3 hours.
- Remove sausages from cooker, keep warm. Discard thyme. Stir in mustard to lentil mixture. Season to taste.
- Serve sausages with lentils, poatoes and coleslaw.