- Preparation Time5 mins (+ 6 hours)
- Cooking Time 1 hour
- Source Melanie Chaytor
This recipe does not follow the rules of good bread making, however it's very simple and quick and creates a dense texture similar to Vogels bread.
You can use different types of flour in place of the wholemeal flour and whatever ratio and mix of seeds you have on hand.
- 100 Gram sourdough starter
- 450 Gram water
- 10 Gram salt
- 400 Gram high grade flour
- 100 Gram wholemeal flour
(or other flour)
- 100 Gram seeds
(33g each of sunflower, pumpkin and linseed)
- Mix everything in a bowl
- Pour into a loaf tin
- Rest for 6 hours
- Put in a COLD oven, then turn the oven on to 180C and wait for 1 hour. (Melanie told me to turn the oven to 130C then 20 mins later turn it to 180C, but I don't think that really matters)
- Take loaf out of tin, and put back in the oven, turning it off till it's cold.