Edmonds Banana Cake
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time 50 mins
- Source Edmonds Cookery Book
This is an awesome cake because it has lots of bananas in it which give a really good banana taste. A great way to use up those brown bananas instead of throwing them out!
- 125 Gram butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 Cup banana
(ripe and mashed - about 5 large)
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Cup plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 180 degrees and grease/oil spray 20cm round cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed banana. Stir baking soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture and stir well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Fold into mixture.
- Turn into greased cake tin. Bake at 180 degrees for approx 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack. When cold ice with lemon or chocolate icing..