Kumara and Cointreau soup
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 Teaspoon ginger
- olive oil
- 300-500 Gram kumara
- 2 Cup water
- 2 Teaspoon chicken stock powder
(or 1 cup liquid chicken stock)
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable stock powder
(or 1 cup liquid veg stock)
- 1 Cup coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoon Cointreau
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic. Peel and slice kumara.
- Heat oil in large pan or saucepan over medium heat. Once heated, add onion and ginger till transparent.
- Add kumara, ginger, stock powders and water. Alternatively, use liquid stock to equal amount of water.
- Stir occasionally and once kumara is cooked (soft). Add cointreau, and cook at a simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Depending on your food processor, you may have to let cool at least somewhat before using. Once at acceptable temperature for processor blitz till smooth, add in the coconut cream.
- Reheat as required. If too thick, thin with a little water, cream or coconut cream.