A recipe so old that the original instructions included "heat over fire!" I like using a variety of nuts (eg brazil, pecan, walnut) and find that dried cranberries perfectly complement the sweetness.
- 115 Gram butter
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 227 Gram wine biscuits
- 115 Gram sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup walnuts
- Melt butter and sugar in saucepan.
- stir in cocoa and beaten egg, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in broken biscuits and nuts. (Can use a mixture of any nuts you have on hand).
- Press into a buttered slice dish and leave to cool.
- Top with a thin layer of chocolate icing, I find just enough to cover the top is best otherwise it is too sweet.